Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Introducing Lucy!

I am so excited to finally introduce Lucy!

Miss Lucy Calcutt 1825 - originally stitched by Lucy when she was only 8 years old!  Wow!


Lucy Calcutt 1825

So many beautiful colors...pinks, purples, reds, they all just pop on the linen!  With flowers and sweet animals every bit is filled with happiness!



I stitched the model in all cross stitch, just as Lucy did, on 36 ct Light Examplar Lakeside Linen with DMC threads.  My adapted reproduction was charted using photos of the antique and matching colors as closely as possible - not as easy as I thought!  I sent her off to Sherri and Terri at Total Framing in Fairfax, Virginia and they helped me pick out just the right frame.




She is a biggie!!  Such a happy sampler and I am so thrilled to finally share my finish!  It has been an exciting process of learning to chart an antique sampler and be the first to stitch it since Lucy did herself in 1825!  And, I am happy to be able to make the sampler chart available for others to do so as well!  


For more sampler details and info on how to purchase please click here!  

Wishing you a wonderful week ahead and happy stitches always xxxx


11 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Krista, congratulations on your spectacular finish. Lucy is simply incredible from the overall design to the colors you chose to her framing. Way to go! So, what's next on your stitching table?

Robin said...

She is a stunner, Krista. Congratulations!

Faye said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Margaret said...

She's beautiful! Love her colors!

Barb Boughamer said...

Amazing design

Marilyn said...

Lucy is beautiful!
Congrats on your finish.
Marilyn

Brigitte said...

Such a beautiful sampler. And these colours ... awesome.

Tommye said...

It is stunning, Krista! I can't wait to order a copy.

Shelly said...

What a nice, big beautiful sampler! Congrats.

Bertie said...

A fabulous sampler Krista. I see that your side of the blog is taken up by large pictures, if you remove the bloggers your blog will be normal again. Your sampler is very difficult to see on this scale, hope you don't mind me mentioning this.

I will email you for the order.

Ellen said...

Love your sampler. What a beauty! I'm off to order her now.