Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wednesday WIP

Happy Hump Day!  I already have my eyes on the weekend ahead :)  

I got a bit further on my American Quaker Band Sampler.  Next up is some over-one!!...


I am very excited about some of the new designs coming out of the St. Charles Market, especially the BIG sampler from Heartstring Samplery!  It will be a fun one!!

I have been stocking up on some linens...  Not always easy finding exactly what I am hoping for on the internet.  All of you with LNSs are so very lucky!  On the far left is some Graziano that was supposed to be Antique White, but next to the Zweigart antique white it sure doesn't seem so.  Then I ordered some flax since I LOVED stitching my SDW Sampler on what I had originally ordered as flax.  Hmmm, that doesn't seem the case either! lol  Now I am waiting for some Ivory/Cream to arrive and hoping it will be just right!  


This week the Scarlet Letter Years group posted a new interview with an amazing stitcher, Karen.  I know many of you are in the group but for those who are not I thought you might really enjoy reading her story and seeing her beautiful samplers!   Karen's interview can be found here.  It is the 17th!! interview in the series, Beyond the Little X.  All of the interviews can be found at this page here.  Many who you may know from blogland such as Edgar from Blacksheep's Bit of the Web and Robert from a Gentleman's Samplings.  I enjoy going back to all of them for inspiration. Two of my favorites, an interview with Marsha Parker of the Scarlet Letter and Sampler Annie.  I hope you take a look-see.  You will be amazed and inspired I am sure!  

It seems to have been a very long week!  The passing of Robin Williams hit me harder than I could ever have imagined.  His talent was genius and like none other.  He could make me laugh so hard I would cry.  

And then to hear Lauren Bacall also passed on, more heartbreaking news.  Bogie and Bacall were quite the pair.  They made some fantastic movies in their years together.  


Here is my super moon shot from Sunday!  Enjoy the rest of the week!  Happy Stitching!  xxxx









 

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

I too am waiting for the weekend, it's been a hectic week.
Your Band Sampler is turning out so pretty.
I know what you mean about fabric, I don;t have a close LNS either.
Love the Supermoon pic!
Marilyn

Vickie said...

I no longer have a LNS, and it is so frustrating finding the right shade of linen online!
Thank you for the links. I am off to check those out. :)

Margaret said...

Beautiful stitching progress! I agree it's hard buying linen online -- and frustrating! Robin Williams -- it hit me super hard. Been crying on and off for days. The manner of his passing hits hard for me, and I loved his work so much.

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Your stitching is just amazing to me. I share your pain with no LNS any longer and true colors of fabbie just doesn't show up on the computer.
Donna

Robin in Virginia said...

Super progress on your sampler, Krista! It is hard to purchase fabrics online. Great shot of the moon that you shared!

Robin in Virginia

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It is almost impossible to get accurate colours online so it is important to buy lots of pieces to ensure that you will have the right colour in the future! That is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Your sampler is looking lovely, you're making great progress on this piece.

I do enjoy the interviews on the SL blog. It's always so interesting to read more about the people behind the stitching. I also love seeing their sampler walls, their stitching corners and their homes!

Carol said...

Your sampler is looking great, Krista, and what wonderful new fabrics you've received! I don't have a LNS either and find it really tough to purchase fabrics and overdyeds without seeing them in person...

I've been so sad about Robin Williams' death as well--there really was no one else quite like him, was there?

Brigitte said...

Your Quaker sampler is looking great and I'm sure that you have added some of the over one stitching in the meantime.

I don't have an LNS either and it's definitely like gambling when I order threads online, lol. For the fabrics I'm better off as I live near Zweigart's and buy all my fabric in their outlet store. But even their colours do not always remain the same. I have two pieces of raw linen, the older one is much darker than the latest I bought.