Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Winter WIP

Hi there!   Hope you have enjoyed your Valentine's Weekend!  It has been like Siberia here in the Northeast, -16 degrees with the wind chill!  Brrrrrrrrr!!  Best to keep in and stitch!

I have a bunch of WIPs started but a friend of mine found the OOP Red House Sampler chart by the Scarlet Letter that I have been searching for from some time!  Soooooo, I started another WIP! lol


I am stitching this one with the called for dmc thread on 36 ct Lentil Lakeside Linen.  

I did do a bit more on Jenny Bean too...........


This is what we have been seeing a lot of here............it is quite pretty but I am looking forward to Springtime!


All this snow though makes for snow days which has worked out for the best for me.   I am moving next month and have been spending lots of time sorting through my things... can't believe how much I have accumulated!  Finding lots of things I did not even know I had...... like this wonderful Hardwicke Manor hoop!  :)


So that is what has been keeping me super busy, and probably will for the next month too!  

This weekend I also posted a new interview to the Our Scarlet Letter Years blog.  Ilana is the featured stitcher and her samplers are quite stunning if you have some time to take a peek here.

I have not spent much time on blogger lately but am off right now to take a look see at what you all have been up to too!  

I am glad to see the days are already getting longer... I took this sunset just a few days ago.  



Enjoying the SNL 40th anniversary special this evening... what is your favorite?  Hard to pick one but I loved the cheeseburger, cheeseburger, no coke, pepsi!  lol

Keep cozy warm and happy stitching!!  xxxx











10 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely works! Glad your friend was able to help you find the OOP chart! Thank you for sharing your snow pictures; I am envious!

Stay warm!

Robin in Virginia

Brigitte said...

Oh my, this is really cold where you live. You can't do anything better than stay at home (if possible) and stitch. A wonderful new sampler start and nice stitching on Jenny Bean.

Here the days are getting longer as well, half an hour on the morning and another half an hour in the evening. I love that as it tells me that spring will definitely come :))

Marilyn said...

Great start and progress.
It's very cold here in WI also, but we don't have quite as much snow as you have.
Beautiful sunset pic.
Marilyn

Mary said...

Krista, If I had the Red House Sampler chart in my hands I'd do just like you did and start it in a heartbeat. What a beauty if till be.

Watched every minute of the SNL 40th nut I think the high point was Paul McCartney's classic "Maybe I'm Amazed", with the intro by Keith Richards. He's winsome as ever!

Vickie said...

So glad you got the sampler pattern you have been searching for.
Just as cold here, and nothing but white. blech.

llknbillburg said...

Can't blame you for the new start. That is one gorgeous sampler!! Hope wherever you're moving is warmer than where you are now!! Laura

Carol said...

Best of luck with your move, Krista! At least you are getting a lot sorted out :) Love the new Sampler and I have to say your landscape looks much like ours. It's a mere 4° here in the middle of the afternoon!!

Margaret said...

Ooooh, I do like that Red House Sampler! Very nice! Love how Jenny Bean is looking too. Hope your move goes well. Our house is so crammed full of things, it's impossible to move. Sigh. As for the weather -- ugh.

marly said...

Roseanne Rosannadanna.
I don't think I've ever seen that SL sampler. Nice!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's always exciting to find an OOP sampler especially one you have searching for. It's also fun to find things in your own stash that you have forgotten about!

I love the snowy view from your window. Hope the new place has a view just as good.