Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A New Year, A New Start!

2016 has had a good stitching start!

Today I received some wonderful stitch-y mail - the new premiere sampler from Hands Across the Sea Samplers design studio!  Miss Mary Ann Bournes 1791 is such a gorgeous sampler!  The chart is done wonderfully, with color and detailed history. So much to love with this one, the border, the bees, the sweet animals on the lawn, and, of course the birds!  

Congratulations to Nicola and Sandra on their new venture.  Their new website is chock full of wonderful details about samplers and helpful guides for stitchers.  Please take a look see!   


And New Year's Day I got a running start stitching on a SAL!  This one is EN 1815 by Heartstring Samplery.  It will be fun to see what everyone will do with this one, picking their own colors.  I have chosen to use Nina's Threads, in Old Berry.  Not sure if I have enough thread for the whole design so I may improvise with some other colors.  I also grabbed some linen from my own stash, 32 ct PTP Legacy.  This is a nice stitch on the 32 ct, easy on the eyes!  


So I hope you have all gotten off to a great start this New Year!  

I have also found the Bloglovin' app on my phone!  Downloaded it today and realized it is a much easier way to keep up on reading all of your blogs.  

Already the holidays seem like memory, although I am glad that there are still some pretty lights and decorations out and about.  I took this photo on my way home from work today....   

Wishing you miles of smiles and stitches!  xxxxxxxxxxxxxx






9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a pretty picture of lit trees, Krista! Wouldn't it be fun to have them stay up until spring arrives? You are off to a great start on the EN 1815. Off to look it up as I am not familiar with it.

Chris said...

That sampler chart looks really wonderful!
Great start to your 2016 stitching!

Vickie said...

You are off to a fantastic start Krista! I am hoping my neck pain disappears quickly.

Mii Stitch said...

Fantastic new start, have fun working on this beautiful sampler :)

Marilyn said...

Great projects to start the New Year.
Love the bright trees.
Marilyn

Margaret said...

Love the new start! I want to purchase Sandra and Nicola's new design too. It's so exciting, their new venture, isn't it? So cool!

Brigitte said...

You chose such a great project for your New Year start. What a wonderful sampler this is. A great start of Nicola's new company. Your SAL piece looks gorgeous with the thread color you chose.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How exciting to be starting Nicola's first design! I think it's wonderful that she has this new venture. Looking forward to following your progress.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I keep seeing this new sampler all over and I keep getting weaker and weaker :)
Great progress on your New Years Start!