Saturday, August 1, 2015

Summer Lovin'

Helloooooooo Everyone!  Happy Summer!

Thanks to you all for your comments on my last post.  I know my posts have been less frequent but there was just not enough stitching to show and tell!  There have been a few projects in the works along with some Summertime fun too :)

Here is my Scarlet Letter Mary Gail sampler.  She is really lots of fun!  I am stitching her with dmc threads on 36 ct wren linen from Picture this Plus.  



June and July have flown right by.  In the beginning of June I got to meet a fellow stitcher, Chris from Tot Hill Farm, who happened to be in Connecticut!  We got together for dinner at a Turkish restaurant, which was so delicious!  Yummy dips of hummus, carrot and eggplant...a beautiful colorful palette!  


And here I am with Chris!  For those of you who also read Chris' blog you know she is on the left and I am on the right :)   So much fun finally meeting.  I hope our paths meet again.  


From reading your blogs I know many of you have been gardening and enjoying the Summer season outdoors....  I am not much of a gardener but I LOVE flowers, especially taking pics of them!  At my office, there is a garden on the Town Green called the Parade Path.  Here are some pretty pics from along the walk....



My "vacation" this year was a long weekend away... to Buffalo!  Yes, to Buffalo!  to see the Rolling Stones, of course!  And, of course, it was Fantastic!! :)


And I also spent a day in Niagara Falls!!  I had not been there since I was a teen on vacation with my parents so I was very excited to go back again.  It truly is a breathtaking sight!  Rainbows everywhere!  

Niagara Falls - US and Canada

I drove up the Niagara Parkway in Ontario to a sweet little town on Lake Ontario... Niagara-on-the-Lake.   The flowers are so gorgeous everywhere you go.  The color is a feast for the eyes!  

Niagara-on-the-Lake and the Niagara Floral Clock

Enjoyed a wonderful al fresco Italian lunch before heading back to the Falls to see them all lit up for the fireworks show!  

Fireworks over the American Falls

So it was a whirlwind of fun in just a few days.  I am still enjoying my Summer weekends from home.  I visited my favorite spot by Candlewood Lake......


And spent some time working on stitching my first reproduction sampler.   I have a real admiration now for the ladies who have done countless samplers like this for us to enjoy.  It has been a learning process for me for sure!  I have finally finished the charting process although I can see I have to make some tweaks along the way!  I have finally started putting some stitches to linen and it is exciting to see it start to take shape.  Here are a few sneak peeks of "Lucy"....



So that is what I have been up to lately.  I hope you are enjoying some Summer sun too!  

Til next time.... Happy Stitching and Happy Summer!!  xxxx











7 comments:

Marilyn said...

How lucky are you to meet Chris, AND see the Stones!!
Awesome pic of the Falls with fireworks.
Your repo looks very pretty so far.
Marilyn

Margaret said...

I just saw your peeks of Lucy on IG. I am so in love!!! Wow! I hope to hear more about this new project of yours soon. So gorgeous!

So fun that you got to see the Stones again! And your vacation looks wonderful too! I've never been to Niagara Falls. So pretty! Love that you and Chris got together too.

Vickie said...

We went to Niagara Falls several years ago. So beautiful.
I really like your last picture a lot.

Robin in Virginia said...

Krista, your photos were fun to view. Thank you for taking us on your adventures. Very lovely sneak peek of Lucy! What fabric are you stitching her on? Enjoy your Sunday!

Robin in Virginia

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow,you have been having a lovely busy time! Great photo of you and Chris together. In fact all your photos are amazing, including the Stones and the Falls.

Nice progress on your stitching. The repro is looking lovely.

Carol said...

Really enjoyed your photos of my hometown, Krista! Yes, I was born in Buffalo 60 years ago and my parents used to take me to see Niagara Falls most weekends in nice weather because it was convenient and cheap (dad was a poor medical school student at the time!).

Lovely stitching and I'm so glad you got the chance to meet Chris :)

Brigitte said...

You seem to spend a wonderful summer with lots of outings and events. Your pictures of the Niagara Falls remind me of our visit there two years ago. We were completely fascinated.

Great that you had the chance to see the Rolling Stones on their tour. They are always worth watching and listening.

Great stitching on your samplers.